Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Sawyer Makes Five!

Now that he is 23 days old, I better get to his Birth Story!



Well, let me say I felt like I was in 'labor' for weeks! At 37 weeks I went into L&D with contractions 5 minutes apart that lasted alllll day, I was dilated to 4 cm, but of course, they stopped. So, I went along my way having contractions at all sorts of different times of everyday there after, but of course, nothing to send me back to L&D, until Sunday June 9th. We had my parents over for dinner that day, my back was hurting so horribly bad, and I was tired, emotional, cranky..all of the above. My Mom did the dishes and they offered to take the kids home with them for a sleepover, so they headed home with my parents and I sat myself down in the recliner to rest. Around 9pm, my friend and I started having a conversation on Facebook, back and forth for about an hour. I wrote her towards the end and told her, ''Ive been having contractions 5/7 minutes apart this whole time'' but, I didn't want to get too excited. Once it was an hour and a half, I told Sean we should probably head towards town, if all else fails we could get an ice cream cone right!? So we went at about 10:30 towards town. Still having them, not very painful, but they were there. We stopped at the Walmart by the hospital and walked around, Sean bought an energy drink, I got a water. I remember a very distinct moment of pain that almost took me to my knees, but it ended as quickly as it came. So, we got in the car and drove into downtown Puyallup. Neither of us really wanted to go into L&D just to get sent home again, so I was waiting for some pain, or for the contractions to get closer. Sean decided he was hungry and went thru the drive thru at Jack in the Box at midnight..YUK and we drove to the hospital and sat in the parking garage as he ate his meal. By this time, there was no difference. Sean says, Lets go home and get some rest. I tried to talk him into going to my parents who are only about 20 minutes away, not an hour, but he wanted to go home. So, after a couple more stops, so I could go pee and also to re-check  my contractions and see if by chance they were getting closer (they weren't) we finally got home around 1:30am. I went directly to bed, I was tired. Sean stayed up. Around 2:50am I was awaken by the most painful contraction ever, I looked at Sean who was still awake playing on his phone, threw off my covers and said "ITs TIME TO GO!" He flew out of bed just as fast, good thing he drank that energy drink, and I grabbed my pants, threw them on and raced for the car. I forgot my contacts so Sean ran back inside for them and by that time, my contractions are 2-3 minutes apart. OH NO. Seriously, I dilate SO fast, I began to panic. 'SEAN GO!' I spent the entire drive there with my eyes closed, breathing thru the very painful contractions, and praying that God would keep the baby until we arrived at the hospital. Sean got us to Good Sam in 35 minutes. I later found out part of the way he was going 95! YIPES. But, that was part of his plan on going home that night I think..he wanted an excuse to drive fast! Anyway, its 3:30am, we go in thru the ER, the guy looks at me and says you're in labor! I say, yes! They bring the wheel chair and he gets on the phone with L&D, I swear it felt like he was moving at a turtles pace, especially the walk from the ER to L&D, I wanted to tell the guy to RUN but figured that wasn't appropriate. They take me to Triage where no one is there waiting, I know whats going on, Im going to have this baby and Im sure its going to be very soon. I start undressing and putting the gown on, Sean is looking at me like ok, what do I do?! We have never had a baby come naturally, I had been induced with the first two. Finally the nurse comes in, I let her know that the baby is coming, she slowly gets me hooked up the machine and says she needs to check to make sure Im in labor..lady, I KNOW im in labor! She checks, "Oh dear, youre at 8cm!" well, DUH..I told ya! (I didn't say that) So she hurries and unhooks the wires, and we rush over to a delivery room, at this point I tell her I would really like an epidural if possible. We go thru the process of answering questions, hooking me up, monitoring me, and Im thinking..water, please don't break- I want an epidural, my Dr had me nervous the baby was going to be large because of my size. Needless to say, the anesthesiologist comes thru the door- wearing a BATMAN do-rag..how awesome- especially since one of my nurses was named Robin..I couldnt wait to tell Silas (who is obsessed to say the least), and starts his process of getting my my epidural. This is around 4:30am, finally, I am relieved of the intense pain. They break my water, which didn't gush as much as I thought, since I had double the fluid I was expecting a bursting damn affect(that came later!) and I relaxed as best as I could.
After about 45 minutes, I felt the urge to push, I called the nurse in, she checked and sure enough I was ready to go! I didnt get much use out of my epidural now did I? haha, The Dr came in, and after 4 pushes the Dr asked me to laugh, he said it would ease the baby out. I remember thinking, how am I supposed to laugh right now?! So I tried, a fake little laugh, and the nurse told me, 'What kinda cheese is not yo' cheese?! NACHO CHEESE!' But the way she said it made me genuinely laugh, so hard that I snorted, which then thru me into a laughing fit, and bam, he was out, it was the quickest out of all 3, and I cried and so did baby. That is one of the best sounds, a screaming baby after you've just delivered. I was so nervous at the end of my pregnancy, and all of that washed away when I heard that cry. The Dr that delivered him was wonderful, after he stitched me up, he came up and gave me a hug and told me what a great job I did and how beautiful my boy was. I thanked him, I was also nervous about not having my own Dr, but he was wonderful, I couldn't have asked for a better substitute than my own Dr.




Sean set the camera on the counter and turned the timer on, hehe

I couldnt wait for the kids to come see their new brother. Once we were moved into the Mommy/Baby unit I sent Sean out for the kids.





Yep, they loved him. :) Not too much later, my Pastor came and we prayed for Sawyer, which was so special. I was so glad he came, I love my church. Then came the grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins..we had a great amount of visitors who were so excited to meet him- I love my family, we all agree, children are a blessing. 

We stayed in the hospital for two days, I actually loved being there and could have stayed a couple more days..is that weird? Anyway, it was such a wonderful experience. I was sad thinking it was probably my last time experiencing it. But then Sean keeps throwing me for a loop talking about moving into a bigger house and having another baby in a couple years. I said, for one, Im not quite ready to think about it, but for two..dont play with my emotions like that! HAHA! :D 

Well, thats about all I can get down for now, little Mister is calling from the other room :)



1 comment:

  1. Love the story Stacy!! Sawyer really took you through an adventure! :) He is SO SO handsome too! Thanks for sharing it. :)

    ReplyDelete