Thursday, June 28, 2012

Where are the fish?!

Well, the fishing hasnt been all that great :(
The rivers are very high, and the run is below average this year. Which is such a bummer, but hey, its nobodys fault! (but the fish! hehe)
We have mainly been fishing the Russian and Kenai River Confluence.
Normally, on a good year you can go fish and get your limit of three a day and head home. Sometimes, they even up it to six fish a day. But this year, we would fish for a good 7 hours and only bring home 2 out of 4 of us fishing. Big bummer. But, that's ok. I had a great time fishin with my new fly rod, watching the Mama grizz and her two cubs play on the other side across from us. That was just amazingly beautiful. :) Oh, and I fed some salmon roe to the trout..nice big dolly vardens and got my thumb bit..haha, drew blood and everything! :)

Now, since I started writing this the other day, we have left from Soldotna and are in Denali. Another must see for everyone who loves nature. :)
We are spending three nights here and then starting our trek back home.
I'm ready to get back home, as much as I love Alaska, I'm ready to get back into my routine, get some photography sessions in, sleep in my own bed, with my hubby, and..meet our new puppy!! Our Bernese Mt Dog, Thor! My friend Shayna has his brother, Stryker. I'm so excited for the kids to see him too. Sean is in love. He called me and said Thor slept in bed with him..I told him he better quit that habit now, soon he will be 100+ lbs and trying to steal all the covers!! ;) I've included a picture Sean sent me of him on the couch, he is 12 weeks old.

No comments:

Post a Comment