Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Have you heard?

Of  Melaleuca??

Let me start off my telling you how I was introduced. When we were planning our road trip, my cousin told me, I have to tell you about something when you come visit Idaho! So, once we made it there, I was able to sit down for a while and talk with him. I first noticed after washing my hands in the bathroom their soap smelled so good and felt so good on my hands, then I read the label and it was Melaleuca (Mel-a-lou-ca) he then began telling me about the company. Based in Idaho Falls, Idaho, Melaleuca is aiming to give families the chance to buy Green, eco friendly, natural products.

For example, you can get the Laundry soap, does 96 loads and its $16. I spent $11 on my Tide that did 45 loads..uhh..hello? And the part that I love, is everything is made in the US. How often can we find stuff, especially for our homes that are made right next door in Idaho, have no harmful chemicals, and are good for our family? The cleaning products are so safe, they dont have childproof lids! And IF your child managed to swallow some, you flush with water. Now that's safe. That was a pretty big selling point for me. I do keep all my cleaners locked up(and still will even though these are safe), but I just read on my Lysol that I have to wash any surfaces that may come in contact with food?! Yikes!! No formaldehyde, ammonia, chlorine, there are no abrasives and they are ph-balanced. Their product called Sol-U-Mel does everything from removing laundry stains(like my husband gets those armpit stains on his white t-shirts..haha, best example) to getting permanent marker off the wall, cleans your kitchen cabinets or cleans your carpet, deoderize your garbage can or remove the grease(even tar!) from your husbands jeans. I like the fact that I can use one product to do so many different things.

They have everything from food, house hold cleaners, make-up that compares to bare minerals(My cousins wife was a big MAC Makeup fan and has switched, Make up isnt too high on my priority list, but glad to know there is an option!), vitamins, medicines(Their Counter Act Allergy is compared to Claritin, except instead of spending $20 you spend $10!) bath and body care(I love the Affinia shampoo..makes my hair super soft..and for curly hair, that is a necessity!), dental care, deodorants(no harmful chemicals that they are linking to Breast Cancer in women!), perfumes so much!


So in a nutshell, I partnered with my cousin in deciding to try a different shopping approach. Im taking the money I spend at Target/Walmart/Fred Meyer, and spending it here. On better products! There is no shows to host or anything, it is shipped directly to you and you enjoy safe, natural products for your home that are made right next door in Idaho Falls, Idaho(There is also a plant in Salt Lake City, Utah and Kentucky)
If you arent satisfied (highly doubt it, haha) you have 90 days, and you can stop your orders at anytime. I like that, since I dont like to 'HAVE' to do anything for a certain amount of time, I like to feel in control. ;) These are products that are sold all over the world, so they offer their shopping in a points system. Each month you order 35 points worth of items, about $50 (I spend more than that at Target/Walmart on who knows where its coming from or whats in it) There is an annual $29 membership fee (like Costco) but for the month of October, its just $1! Let me know if you are interested in any more information, I'd be happy to share! :)

I have been looking for something like this for a while, a more healthy alternative to all the chemicals that we are exposed to, and Im so glad my cousin showed me so I thought I would spread the word, especially to my friends with little ones at home! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment