Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Ambulance Ride

These last few months have been so crazy for me.

First, my Dad being sent to the hospital for chest pains to find out he has multiple blood clots in his lungs, then two weeks ago my BIL fell asleep at the wheel on the off ramp from i5 and 272nd. Amazingly, and thank God, he is doing good.
He fell asleep coming off the freeway, bumped into another car on the side (didnt do much damage to that car, air bags didnt even deploy, the woman walked away from the accident) crossed thru the 272nd intersection and slammed into a pile of rocks on the other side of the road. My friends family towing company actually towed the car, so she snapped some pics for us. The officer told him, 'How did he survive this?' Especially crossing that famously busy intersection during prime morning traffic time. (My BIL works nights 3-8am as a supervisor at UPS.) The only injuries he sustained were a fractured L2 Vertebrae , Broken Cheek Bone, Orbital, Pallet and his nose, plus he bit his lip to the point that is sort of hard to explain, just imagine a huge chunk of it had to be sewed back on. He just had plastic surgery and has gone back for two checks and they think he is healing well. He will be out of work for 2 months. This whole thing scared the crap out of me. I rushed to the hospital to see him and instantly burst into tears seeing him on the bed there, he looked SO bad. Thankfully, he wasnt AS bad as we initially thought. Thank God. The other part is the Friday before his Monday accident, he was given a ticket for not wearing his seat belt, for whatever reason he wouldn't wear it all the time (GRR) but thank God he was pulled over for it, and was wearing it during this accident..how different it would have been.


I had a wonderful Mother's Day, Sean spoiled me rotten. He made me such a wonderful dinner of King Crab Legs, BBQ Marinated Tri Tip Steak, Fresh Fruit Salad, Huge Green Salad and a Milkshake for dessert. I was SO full..but it was SO good. My mouth is watering thinking about it. Then he cleaned the kitchen and let me sit on my butt and be lazy all day, it was so nice..I even got to enjoy a long nap, which at this point is more refreshing than the beginning of my pregnancy. haha.

Then Monday morning, I had one of the scariest moments of my life. I was sitting in our recliner watching Bubble Guppies with the kids, trying to wake  up myself, when I started to feel a pain in between my shoulder blades. Oh great, here comes the heartburn I thought, so I got up and took some tums and sat back down, because just that little walk from my family room to kitchen took my breath away. As Im sitting there, the pain really starts to intensify and begins to wrap around to the front of my chest. Ok, Im starting to get scared  here. I get up and grab the kids some clothes, since, for some reason I think Im going to drive myself to the Dr..ha, great idea, not. By this time (8am), the pain is gaining, and quickly. I grab my phone and call the hospital nurse to seek advice, after a couple of quick questions, she tells me, Im calling the EMT and hangs up on me. By the time she calls me back, they are in my driveway and walking up to the door. Ive NEVER had to call 911, (for anything medical, Ive reported a few people I thought were drunk driving) and by this time Siara is by my side, what is going on and scared..I start blacking out, the pain is almost an 8..which, after having children that pain scale thing sure changes, haha. Quick side note, my Dad was having horrible headaches while he was in the ER for his chest pains and he said his headache was a level 10, my mom and I teased him that he didnt know what level 10 pain was, obviously he was in joking spirit so it was ok to tease him. :) Anyway, the super sweet EMT lady hooked me up to the EKG and started asking me questions, and asking me to call someone to grab my kids for me. (By the way, Sean was headed to the hospital from work to meet me there) they kept telling me to call my neighbor, so I called my neighbor, but Sean had already called my friend, and sure enough they both burst thru my door at the same time to grab my kids. They brought the stretcher in to take me to the hospital and Im scared, thats all I remember. I cant tell you what my friends were wearing, or saying, just that they were there and my kids were going to be ok. Im praying to God, I want the baby to be ok, please let the baby be OK, don't let my older children be scared, and of course protect me, Im not ready to go anywhere yet.  I dont remember much of the ride there either, she kept waking me up to ask me questions. How many pregnancies have you had? I say 2..no wait, 3..actually 4 (including my miscarriage) so of course she had to ask me again later to make sure. Anyway, I do remember being wheeled into the ER, and immediately telling them to find the UPS man he would be there waiting. Then a whole flood of people came in, including a lady to monitor the baby, and what a sweet sound it was to hear my little mans heart beating strong. I hadnt felt him move all morning, and what a relief  I swear he could hear the monitor cause he started kicking as soon as he was hooked up. At this point Sean comes in and I can close my eyes and try to relax since he was by my side. The pain started to lessen, but not by too much, so they ran a wide variety of tests. Problem is, I didnt want a CAT scan, the ER Dr said if my pain didnt go down to a manageable level within an approved time period he would do it anyway, but he also wanted to stray away from that. So, there I lay, falling in and out of sleep as they do various things, ultrasound my legs, xray my chest, at about 1:30pm the Dr came in and told me he didnt see any clots in my legs, but being as my Dad has clots, and his did not come from his legs, they could be genetic, he wanted me to connect with my Dr after the baby was born to get a CAT scan and check for them. My pain had dropped to about a 2, which is where Im at today, so the ER Dr was pretty sure if I had a clot lodged in my lungs that I wouldn't have started to feel better, especially within only a few hours. Of course, gave me strict instructions to return immediately if the pain started to rise even slightly. So we were sent home, not really knowing what was going on at all. :( 
I saw my OB that Thursday and he has a theory to what he thinks happened, which I hope he is right, but my Uterus grew 6cm in 2 weeks (also found out im 2cm dilated and baby is head down!)..he is pretty sure little mister has grown to the point of squishing my diaphragm, causing me to basically go into a hyperventilation(my shallow, light breaths), and I cant catch my breath cause I have no room to expand and take a deep breath. I go to the Dr today to check up, and if I grew like I did last week, I will have an ultrasound..big baby or excess fluid? But he also wants me to check with my regular Dr after the baby is born, because of my family history. So now, Im on basically bed rest, I cant get too active since I obviously cant breathe to keep up with that type of activity. So needless to say, Im getting bored. LOL. But, Im also trying to enjoy the fact that I can relax, my little brother is here to help me with my kids during the week, and so that Im not alone, just incase. My family is an hour away at the least, Im so thankful I have great friends to count on though if I need them. All I know, is Id rather not ever ride in an ambulance again, nor have that chest pain ever again..I felt like someone put a belt around my chest and pulled it tighter than tight. 

Anyway, Im having lots of braxton hicks and LOTS of odd various pains, my little man is getting ready. But he cant come yet, Im only 36 weeks, 37 on Saturday..Id really like him to wait until atleast June 1st..is that too much to ask of him ;-) I wanted him to be late, but doesn't look like he is going to allow that. :D Im excited to meet him, see what he looks like, smooch those baby soft cheeks and hear that newborn cry. Im only sad thinking that I wont be pregnant much longer, I really love being pregnant. Im pretty sure that's what God created me for, to be a Mama. I cant picture doing ANYTHING else. Even though there are days I get hard on myself and feel like I messed up, more often do I feel that this is the only thing Im actually GOOD at. 


I am always nervous that the ultrasound tech was wrong, so based on HER knowledge of reading ultrasounds, here is my little Sawyer, a feeling I will miss after he is born. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment