Wednesday, February 15, 2012

BUSY!!

Yes, I am alive. :)

We are done with the family room. YAHOO! I will add pictures soon, but Im not finished decorating. ;-) Im so excited about this extra room, and also still in disbelief that ITS REAL!!! We added a good chuck of extra square footage, and I can tell the difference already. :D

I started a Facebook page for my photography. Found here :) Eek! I spent a long and hard time thinking about what to charge for my services. I prayed about it, asked friends about it, and then thought about it some more! I want people to be able to take pictures of their families, but I know some cant afford to fork over the $250 some photographers charge. I decided I feel like $50 is reasonable for future clients. But I also feel like I would be willing to accept less if a family cant afford to pay that, I love the fact that pictures capture memories forever, and I'd hate to know a family was without cause they couldnt afford it.(I KNOW how this is to be low on money..been there many times! hehe) that $50 would give the client an hour and a half session, with editing and a CD with rights full of all the pictures. Obviously, if a client wanted a photo session that was longer, or more detailed we could talk about pricing then. :) Hopefully that is a reasonable amount for families. I am very passionate about this and want to help people capture memories of their families. Still nervous though, I cant believe people like my pictures!!! (And Im SURE there are some that dont, and thats ok too! hehe)

I have a lot of 'purging' to do the rest of this week. Cleaning, getting rid of stuff and re-organzing our new space. If any of my friends love garage sales, the first full weekend in may is called Mayday weekend, and in Eatonville the whole dang town does garage sale! We will be having one too, to help make funds for our Alaska trip this year. Ill re-post a reminder, but it is a great weekend to come walk around town and hit up LOTS of garage sales. I usually leave my own sale and go buy others stuff..never good for me ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment