Thursday, August 9, 2012

Ear Infections and Puppy School


Well, we have been busy around here!

Monday: My neighbor and I took a road trip into the Gifford Pinchot National Forest outside of Packwood to find a campin' spot for our trip next weekend. I had seen a place I thought would be perfect back in November during Hunting Season..so I took her there first. And, it was perfect. The river has two amazing swimming holes, is very slow moving for the kids with very shallow water that only goes to their ankles. Which is perfect, because it is cold :) Im so excited, because next weekend is also mine and Sean's 5th wedding anniversary :) And then 2013 will mark 10 years together! Holy Moly has Time flown by!! We will be spending it camping with our friends, relaxing in the river and checkin' out from reality! :) No cell phone service up in 'dem dare hills!'
Swimmin' Hole #1

 View up the River
Swimmin' Hole #2

Tuesday: We had a playdate with my cousins and their kids. It was so fun and we plan to do them on a weekly basis..hopefully we can do that! We all live pretty close, Im the furthest but only 15 minutes away :)

Wednesday: My kids have been batteling the cough, running nose, whining and just generally not feeling good for over a week. I took them into the Dr and found out they both have ear infections in their left ears. Glad I took them in. Neither of them complained about their ears until yesterday when Siara was in tears saying her ear was hurting. I felt so bad, but I had no idea :(
That night we took Thor to his first Puppy class. Not because he isnt obedient, because he is. Infact, the most obedient and sweet and loyal dog I've ever had. He is going becauase he is SO shy..sooooooooo shy. He tucks his tail and hides. If he gets scared he lays down and wont move any further. We have to lure him into new situations with treats and lots of Good boys. He seems more scared of males than females, so we are sad to think something may have happened to him when he was just a little baby. The trainer said it could have been as simple as an accidental kick at 3 weeks old, and at his little size then, anything bigger than him terrifies him. He is getting better already though, my friend Shayna came over and after a treat or two she was able to cut his toe nails. BIG for us. :) They have his brother Stryker and I love watching the two of them play. They are going to be fun as we get to watch them grow up together.
And I do have to mention, he LOVES the mountains, on Monday we let him off the leash, he was in heaven..never left my sight, stayed near, would lay on the bank while we were in the river..he is so sweet and perfect for us :) Our little Mountain Dog.


Today: I have to do laundry, pack and get ready for our camping trip to Iron Creek with family this weekend. Tomorrow I am meeting an old friend from Elementary/Jr High/High School to discuss taking pictures at his wedding... EEEK. This makes me a bit nervous! Only because I know this is such a special event, and to be honest, sometimes I just dont have the self confidence. I know I can do it, and Im glad I have made people happy with my pictures, that makes me feel wonderful..but the during process, I always get a little nervous :) Im hoping to get some more sessions in this Summer and start of September. Anyway, after Sean gets off work tomorrow we will hit the road and head to the campground. So, I better wrap this up so I can get to everything I need to today. It's gonna be busy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment