Wednesday, August 29, 2012

New Website and my big boy Thor

It's official, I have my own domain name! AH!
www.stacymayphotography.com

I've been slowly buying things that I need to make my 'business' (I still dont think of it that way, I enjoy taking pictures too much! But, Sean says 'Time is Money' so he says I have to be compensated something for my time, no matter how much I enjoy it)
I've bought a new camera(similar to my old one, just the newest model(2012) out and more pixels) a new mount flash, made a website, continuing with my facebook page, business cards, and lastly, Sean bought me a nice new computer! :) A beautiful HD 17' screen that came loaded with Adobe Photoshop on it! Now, I just need Photoshop Lightroom, because that is my favorite. I dont do a lot of heavy editing on photographs(Not that I dont know how, I just really think the whole purpose of photographs is capturing that moment in time to remember, and when you look back in 10 years and see a completely airbrushed photo with neon bright eye's..well, that wasnt you. If someone wants to have a fun session and do that, Im all for it though!) and Lightroom is very simple and allows me to create an easier system for editing pictures.
I have a wedding at the end of September that Im super excited about. I am enlisting my best friend to come help me take pictures, because simply, you cannot have too many pictures at a wedding. She is going to help capture all those moments from the ceremony and reception that might have slipped away from me if it was just myself. I think, actually, I know we will make a great team, and hopefully for future sessions as well! :) We will be like the Dynamic Duo! :D

Now, onto my baby Thor.
46.7lbs of 5 month old big baby Bernese Mountain Dog.

When we first got Thor, he was very, very shy. Fearful of strangers, and simply protective of us and our home. Not that he would charge at anyone with teeth snarling growls, he would just bark at you from the otherside of the room like, 'Hey..watch it..''After a few moments and treats, he would be ok. Usually faster with females than males. Anyway, the first time I took him to the vet for his booster shots and rabies shot, he gave the vet tech a little growl/nip (he didnt bite her, or try to but the movement sort of looked like it, the Vet tech said he made no contact with her, but the actions need to be corrected..obviously!) So we signed Thor up for the Beginner class at Petsmart. Simply because I love the girl who teaches the class. He has made such a huge improvement, which is so great. Anyway, I was nervous that would happen again so I got him a muzzle to wear at the vet this trip. I explained to them that he gets nervous, and all that and they took him back. Well, he did great! Yay! The only thing he did was pee..haha. Told you he was a baby. They even took the muzzle off of him and brought it back out to me. This made me feel great.
So now, all day yesterday he slept. And slept. He keeps trying to lick his incision so we do have to keep the cone on him. But he woke up today HUNGRY. We gave him a half a cup more than we usually do at breakfast, and he was thankful :)

By the way, just a slight side note, Amazon Prime is deadly. I found Giant Furminators for $27. They are usually atleast $70 at the store. I had to order one, and another for Thor's brother, who will need it just as badly. haha. So, thats great savings, but makes it hard to pass up! So, I better not look, or I might find another great deal I cant let get by! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment