Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Dentist

Yesterday included a trip to the dentist for me for a cleaning. I found out I have the start of a cavity. :*( But Im going next week to get that taken care of. I was laying in the chair, and the Hygienist was just chatting away with me, and of course I couldn't really respond. I was laughing to myself thinking, how can I respond to these questions when you have this poker in my mouth scraping my teeth?! Anyway, we were (she was) talking about kids, and how she has two boys who are 11 and 8. She misses them being the age my kids are, and told me how looking back there are two things she wished would have been different.
1. She would have played cars. She explained to me that she was always looking for a plot to the game, and never just pushed the cars around like the boys wanted. Now she wants to play cars, and they dont. :)
2. Her bathroom could have waited. She explained that too many times she set the kids down to play among themselves while she cleaned the toilet, kitchen, or whatever. When is reality, she wishes she would have been sitting down to play with them; the bathroom could have waited until nap time and did she really need to have such a clean house? She had kids, and if someone came into her home and thought it was a disaster because her children had some toys laying around, she says 'Get with it!' haha.
She was great. I was thinking about my post yesterday when she was talking. I dont want to look back at my kids childhood and say, Man..I should have played cars. Im going to enjoy the moment Im in, not worry so much about this, that, or if Im doing a good job; since we all know, I wont get these moments back. I need to give myself a break too, cut myself some slack it seems. :)

Anyways, I better get back to work. The painter is coming out tomorrow to look at the new family room and decide on paints, Im so excited that we are getting close enough to PAINT! AHH! This weekend will be busy, my Mother in Law is hosting a Pampered Chef party and on Sunday its my cousins Toddler Shower. They are adopting a little boy from Korea, I cant wait for him to get here! He was supposed to come last year, but they ran out of visas, so he should be coming any day now, they will receive 5 days notice before they go meet him. He will be 2 in July. I pray that the transition will be as smooth as possible for them.

Adios, back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment