Thursday, January 5, 2012

Sick Hubby.

Well, the better half is home sick with a fever today. Which, he rarely gets sick, so this probably wont be good. :(

Im sure, if you watch the news, you heard about the tragedy on Mt Rainier. This brings such a sadness to my heart. The only thing that makes me feel better is knowing she is in Heaven.
I was hunting near Mt Rainier last month and saw Ranger Anderson when we stopped for breakfast at the Copper Creek. I went to school and partly studied being a Park Ranger, so when I saw her, I thought to myself, 'That could be me, if I finish school!' We only crossed paths for mere moments, but she had a big beautiful smile on her face, and just bursted with a happiness that anyone around her could feel. Such a tragedy, and I feel so sorry that her little girls wont get to grow up with their Mother and her husband is without his Wife. I pray for this family. There is a candle light vigil this Sunday, and with how close this little community is, Im sure it will be packed.

Anyway, Im going to change the subject before I get too sad. I decided while I was making the Elk stew/soup that blogging about food is something I would like to do more of. Im slowly building my collection of awesome Kitchen tools and appliances, and I sure love to cook, so why not include some of my creations! I made up my own Alfredo sauce recipe, so when I make that this weekend I will make sure to blog about it, and include my recipe. But when I do, please..don't ask about the calories! Haha, it is NOT a diet friendly dish. ;-)
As of lately, I have been eating off a saucer, to help control my portions, so far it is working great at helping in my weight loss efforts. I spoke with a nutritionist a while back, and she said I was eating fine, just probably too much. Plus, I don't really want to be cooking different meals for my family, so I just make what I usually do, and eat it off the smaller plate. So, maybe if you try my Alfredo recipe, you can do the same, or use fat-free cheeses and what-not, I just figure, If Im going to indulge, better just do it!

Well, I better get off the computer and take care of my sickling. I really do love the Blogger app. I did my whole post about the stew from my phone, I also have the feature where I can talk and it types it for me..perfect for when Im cooking!



3 comments:

  1. I don't know if you get email notifications or not, but I commented on your first post. Just an FYI. I haven't looked into the blogger app, will have to see if it is available for droids as well. Are you able to upload photos from your phone too? Oh my, I really need to get back to folding clothes, the wee one will likely wake up soon. I will be responding to your comment on my blog here next...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blogger app is great! I have it on my android! The post I wrote about the stew, I did that all from my phone, including the pictures. I do still get on the actual site on my computer for longer posts and reading. The only thing about it is, I havent figured out if you can read others blogs from the app..I usually just click on the link to yours or whoever Im reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to hear that Alfredo recipe! One of the limited meals my hubby will eat! (I really don't care about the calorie content!)

    ReplyDelete